Tuesday 12 July 2016

OPINION: CAN YOU RUN A JOINT ACCOUNT WITH YOUR SPOUSE?

  
 
Money, they say, is the root of all evils. This is often the case also in relationships. Several times, relationships and homes have been destroyed over financial issues. While its proper for couples to make proper plans for their future, some achieve these through several means. 
Yours sincerely, I have brought to you today an issue that has often generated controversies among couples. After taking a walk across the streets, these are the opinions we generated over this topic. 

Read on...

Why can’t I? I am sure both of us have no skeleton in our cupboard. At present, its more or less running the same account. He knows my ATM password and I know his too. Every month, I know how we spend his salary on what family needs and projects. Hence, there's nothing bad in it especially when the marriage is built on trust, love, commitment and understanding. - Ummuh Misturah

I don't have a joint account with my hubby. We run separate accounts. And in his own account am his next of kin. - Lucette Anyanwu

Yes now! with trust. For instance, I opened a joint project account with my wife and we save a certain amount every month for rents, development, and other. It paves way for more savings and prudent spending. - John Shittu

Why not? I can hold a joint account whose purpose will be basically to pursue a joint goal which the family aims at achieving. And that I believe is the reason behind opening a joint account with one's hubby - Eniola Lasun Azeez

Firstly, if we are running the same biz, definitely, we will be running the same account as biz partners. Secondly, we can decide to open a joint account where we will both be saving a certain percentage of our incomes for a particular purpose be it children's upkeep, construction of house or to carry out a major project. We might agreed that 20% of her income and 25% of mine should be saved in an account for our immediate needs. - Adewoyin 'Tayo


Joint account for what? Why do I need  to venture into that? Its a no no... Salamm Adedayo




ADVERT

No comments:

Post a Comment