Tuesday 29 November 2016

Oyo Markets Shut Down Today?

So, I heard that, yesterday, a directive was passed by a 'town crier' around the town to instruct market people to stay away from their businesses in major markets today till 12 noon.

I confirmed this after a visit to Dan Zaria Market, Owode and shops were not opening.

A brief interview with one of the market women who came early to open her shop but was warned by her neighbors not to do also confirmed that there was a directive that shops are not to be opened till 12 noon today. 

According to the woman, she said 'I came early to the shop around 7am and was sweeping when my neighbor told me to close my shop. I asked why and she said there was a warning yesterday that we should not open our shops. I sell buns and this is the time I make my money. What will I live on today? After all, this has nothing to  do with environmental sanitation.' 

As at the moment I got this information, I have not established the exact source of the order but I believe if there was no information, people would not have abandoned these markets.

Some of the questions begging for answers include;

- On whose authority were the markets shut down?

- Of what purpose is the decision?

- Did this authority consider the economic implications of such decision  on the town and her folks? 

- Why did they exclude corporate organizations and schools  from these shut down?


OmoIyaKunmiReports
08062350129

No comments:

Post a Comment